SHARE
COPY LINK
DANISH MUTILATION CASE IN SOUTH AFRICA

CRIME

Dane cut off women’s genitals in South Africa

South African police have arrested a Danish citizen after 21 pieces of female genitalia were discovered in his freezer.

Dane cut off women’s genitals in South Africa
The body parts were found in the man's freezer (not pictured here). Photo: Peter Galvin/Flickr
A police spokesman from the Free State province in South Africa told the media that a 58-year-old Danish man was arrested on Thursday after a female victim reported that she was attacked in the man’s home. 
 
The woman reported that she was drugged and then had her genitalia cut off while she was unable to defend herself. When police arrested the Dane at his home in the city of Bloemfontein, they found 21 pieces of genitalia stored in his freezer.
 
Police spokesman Hangwani Maulaudzi said that surgical tools, anaesthetic and a trove of photos were also discovered in the man’s home. 
 
The woman who reported the crime was reportedly the man’s wife. 
 
Following the initial reports in the South African press, Danish tabloid BT identified the man on Sunday as 63-year-old ‘PF’. BT reported that the man participated in a radio documentary for DR’s P1 in which he openly detailed performing genital mutilation on his African wife and her friends. 
 
According to BT, ‘PF’ fled from Denmark to South Africa to avoid weapons charges. 
 
The man is due to make a court appearance on Monday to face charges of sexual assault and South African police are asking other possible victims to step forward. Police said that forensic experts are currently determining if the pieces of female genitalia came from 21 different women. Police were also uncertain if the gruesome attacks were carried out while the women were alive or dead. 
 
The Danish man reportedly owns a gun shop in Bloemfontein. 
 

CRIME

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

Police in Copenhagen have announced that stop and search zones put in place following a spate of knife violence in the Danish capital will now be lifted, after no further incidents occurred in the last week.

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

The stop and search zones (also called “visitation zones”), which were in effect in parts of the Nørrebro and Nordvest neighbourhoods, will not be continued and will expire on Thursday, police confirmed.

Recent weeks have not seen any further incidents, police stated, in reference to a spate of violence that flared in the area at the end of 2022.

When the zones are in effect, police within the zone can stop people and check their possessions without meeting the usual requirements to do so.

The stop-and-search zone was put in place on December 29th in response to five stabbings within a week in Copenhagen. It was extended on January 5th.

At the time, police said they believed several of the stabbings were between young men associated with criminal circles, but that there had been no sign of a conflict between established crime groups.

In Thursday’s tweet, police said that investigations into the incidents were “progressing”. No arrests have yet been made.

SHOW COMMENTS