SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Two Swedes killed in gang-linked Copenhagen shooting identified

The victims of a fatal double shooting in Herlev near Copenhagen on Tuesday have been identified.

Two Swedes killed in gang-linked Copenhagen shooting identified
Copenhagen West Police brief press on Thursday. Photo: Nils Meilvang / Ritzau Scanpix

Two Swedish men aged 21 and 23 years were killed in the incident, Copenhagen West Police confirmed on Thursday.

The men were shot at least ten times and several weapons were used, probably including both pistols and automatic weapons.

The crime took place on the Sennepshaven road in Herlev, around 12 kilometres northwest of central Copenhagen. The shooters fled the scene in a silver-grey Audi S4, which was later found at Nærum, an area further north.

Attempts had been made to set fire to the getaway vehicle.

Police said on Thursday they did not wish to reveal further information as to the identity of the two victims, citing the need to protect the ongoing investigation.

Swedish daily Expressen has previously reported that the 23-year-old was a leading member of a gang known as ‘Snottaz’ from the Rinkeby neighbourhood in Stockholm. The other man was from Tensta, also near the Swedish capital, according to the newspaper.

Danish police are working together with colleagues in Sweden on the investigation.

“We need to remain cautious about releasing information on this case out of consideration for the ongoing investigation, which is wide-ranging and involves a number of Danish police districts and Swedish police,” superintendent Flemming Madsen of Copenhagen West Police said.

READ ALSO: Swedish gang leader reported shot dead in Copenhagen

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

CRIME

Danish 7-Eleven stores back on grid after ransomware attack

Almost all of 7-Eleven’s 176 Denmark locations are back up and running with the help of a backup system, the company said on Thursday. 

Danish 7-Eleven stores back on grid after ransomware attack

In an email to news wire Ritzau, 7-eleven said that over 96 percent of its convenience stores across Denmark were now in “stable operation”. That corresponds to around 169 stores.

“We have technicians at the remaining stores who are working hard to get them up and running as soon as possible,” the company said in the email.

However, convenience stores at train stations (where you can buy a transport card) were only accepting Dankort (debit card) payments as of Wednesday evening.

All operational stores outside of train stations currently accept Mobile Pay (app) and cash payments, and many can take Visa, Mastercard, and Dankort. 

“We expect that all stores outside of train stations can accept all Visa, Mastercard, and Dankort during the course of tomorrow morning, and all stores at train stations [will be able to] during the course of the week,” the company wrote late on Wednesday.

The convenience store chain was on Monday hit by a cyber attack that forced all of its 176 stores in Denmark to close.

7-Eleven has confirmed that the outage was due to a ransomware attack — hackers demanded money to return access to the company’s data and systems. 

The attack has been reported to police.

The company’s CEO, Jesper Østergaard, told Ritzau he did not know the extent of losses suffered by 7-Eleven as a result of the incident.

SHOW COMMENTS