SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Six found dead in a house in central Denmark

Police on Tuesday morning were still investigating the discovery of six dead bodies found in a house in the village of Ulstrup in central Denmark.

Six found dead in a house in central Denmark
Four children and two adults were found dead in the house on Monday. Photo: Bo Amstrup/Scanpix
East Jutland Police said that two adults and four children were discovered dead in the house after receiving a tip-off about a ‘suspicious situation’ at the address. 
 
“Upon arrival to the location we found six people – two adults and four children – all of whom were dead,” police said in a Monday press release. 
 
In an update sent on Tuesday morning, police said that officers were continuing their work at the address and that an investigation would likely take days. 
 
“We cannot yet say with certainty what happened in the house; the ongoing investigation and the result of the autopsies will help answer that. We are investigating the case as a homicide and we are working hard to establish details,” police wrote. 
 
Autopsies were scheduled for later on Tuesday. 
 
Favrskov Municipality has mobilized crisis teams to be on hand at area schools and daycare institutions. Although the identity and ages of the children have not been publicly released, comments from the head of the municipality’s youth department would lead one to believe that the children were enrolled in local schools and institutions. 
 
“This is a tragic and awful event that has occurred in Ulstrup. It will of course affect the day in both the daycare institution and the school,” Rasmus Møller told local broadcaster DR Østjylland early on Tuesday. 
 
“We’ve activated our bereavement and crisis personnel and we will be there for the children and to help handle the sorrow they will experience today,” he added. 
 
Ulstrup is located about 20km southwest of Randers. 

CRIME

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

Police in Copenhagen have announced that stop and search zones put in place following a spate of knife violence in the Danish capital will now be lifted, after no further incidents occurred in the last week.

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

The stop and search zones (also called “visitation zones”), which were in effect in parts of the Nørrebro and Nordvest neighbourhoods, will not be continued and will expire on Thursday, police confirmed.

Recent weeks have not seen any further incidents, police stated, in reference to a spate of violence that flared in the area at the end of 2022.

When the zones are in effect, police within the zone can stop people and check their possessions without meeting the usual requirements to do so.

The stop-and-search zone was put in place on December 29th in response to five stabbings within a week in Copenhagen. It was extended on January 5th.

At the time, police said they believed several of the stabbings were between young men associated with criminal circles, but that there had been no sign of a conflict between established crime groups.

In Thursday’s tweet, police said that investigations into the incidents were “progressing”. No arrests have yet been made.

SHOW COMMENTS