Man shot three times outside Copenhagen suburb home

A 23-year-old man was hit by up to three shots in the upper body on Tuesday night near his home in the suburb of Herlev, Copenhagen Vestegn Police said.

Man shot three times outside Copenhagen suburb home
Photo: Colourbox
The victim was taken to Copenhagen’s Rigshospital and is not in mortal danger, police said. 
“At 10.10pm we received a report that a 23-year-old man was hit by two to three shots in the chest and stomach. When we came out there, the man was found in his apartment,” spokesman Thomas Christensen told news agency Ritzau. 
According to witnesses, the shooting occurred right in front of the entrance to the man’s apartment building. 
Police said that “a man in his 20s of Middle Eastern appearance” was seen running from the scene. 
Christensen did not say if the shooting was gang-related but said the victim was “known to police”. 


Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

Police in Copenhagen have announced that stop and search zones put in place following a spate of knife violence in the Danish capital will now be lifted, after no further incidents occurred in the last week.

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

The stop and search zones (also called “visitation zones”), which were in effect in parts of the Nørrebro and Nordvest neighbourhoods, will not be continued and will expire on Thursday, police confirmed.

Recent weeks have not seen any further incidents, police stated, in reference to a spate of violence that flared in the area at the end of 2022.

When the zones are in effect, police within the zone can stop people and check their possessions without meeting the usual requirements to do so.

The stop-and-search zone was put in place on December 29th in response to five stabbings within a week in Copenhagen. It was extended on January 5th.

At the time, police said they believed several of the stabbings were between young men associated with criminal circles, but that there had been no sign of a conflict between established crime groups.

In Thursday’s tweet, police said that investigations into the incidents were “progressing”. No arrests have yet been made.