Four men, held in connection with twin gun attacks in Copenhagen last year, were on Wednesday charged with a terror offence, the justice ministry said.
“Justice Minister Søren Pind decided today to charge four men with complicity in an act of terrorism over the attack on the Copenhagen synagogue in February last year,” the ministry said in a statement, adding that the trial would get underway on March 10.
On February 14, 2015, a Danish national of Palestinian origin opened fire on a cultural centre in Copenhagen which was hosting a debate on freedom of expression.
A Danish filmmaker was shot dead in that attack.
The 22-year-old assailant Omar El-Hussein then killed a 37-year-old Jewish man outside a synagogue before being shot dead in an exchange of fire with police.
Five suspected accomplices aged from 19 to 31, were arrested in the aftermath of the attacks.
Four were charged on Wednesday and the fifth was released from custody last month.
The freedom of expression debate featured Swedish artist Lars Vilks, who gained international notoriety for a cartoon portraying the Prophet Muhammad as a dog.
The targets of the Copenhagen attacks drew comparisons with the jihadist attacks in January last year when the Paris offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a kosher supermarket were targeted.