SHARE
COPY LINK
DANISH MUTILATION CASE IN SOUTH AFRICA

CRIME

‘Breakthrough’ in Dane’s gruesome genitalia case

South African police say there has has been a breakthrough in the case of the Danish man accused of cutting off women’s sexual organs and storing them in his freezer.

'Breakthrough' in Dane's gruesome genitalia case
The macabre case is playing out in Bloemfontein. Photo: South African Tourism/Flickr
Police in South Africa have now identified several of a 63-year-old Danish man’s female victims, investigators have told Ekstra Bladet
 
Officials in the South African town of Bloemfontein recently identified two additional women, both in their 20s. A seven-year-old girl is also among the victims, and investigators also believe that some of the genitals found in the man’s freezer come from Danish women. 
 
“We are following several tracks in the case but this is a preliminary breakthrough,” investigator Lynda Steyn told Ekstra Bladet. 
 
 
The 63-year-old man, who has been identified in the Danish press as Peter Frederiksen, was arrested in mid-September after one of his alleged victims, reportedly his own wife, led police to the man’s home. 
 
There they made the gruesome discovery of 21 pieces of female genitalia that were stored in a freezer. 
 
The suspect has been held in police custody for nearly a month and will appear before a judge again on November 4th. His lawyers will appeal to the court to release the man on bail, something the court has previously denied. 
 
The man in question had previously voluntarily participated in a radio documentary for Danish public broadcaster DR in which he openly detailed performing genital mutilation on his African wife and her friends. 
 
He reportedly fled from Denmark to South Africa to avoid weapons charges and opened a gun shop in the city of Bloemfontein. 
 

CRIME

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

Police in Copenhagen have announced that stop and search zones put in place following a spate of knife violence in the Danish capital will now be lifted, after no further incidents occurred in the last week.

Copenhagen police lift stop-and-search zone

The stop and search zones (also called “visitation zones”), which were in effect in parts of the Nørrebro and Nordvest neighbourhoods, will not be continued and will expire on Thursday, police confirmed.

Recent weeks have not seen any further incidents, police stated, in reference to a spate of violence that flared in the area at the end of 2022.

When the zones are in effect, police within the zone can stop people and check their possessions without meeting the usual requirements to do so.

The stop-and-search zone was put in place on December 29th in response to five stabbings within a week in Copenhagen. It was extended on January 5th.

At the time, police said they believed several of the stabbings were between young men associated with criminal circles, but that there had been no sign of a conflict between established crime groups.

In Thursday’s tweet, police said that investigations into the incidents were “progressing”. No arrests have yet been made.

SHOW COMMENTS