Copenhagen Police said on Sunday that three people involved in last week’s shooting at the shopping centre Fields will be be held in custody for an additional 25 days.
SEE ALSO: Two hurt in Copenhagen mall shooting
The three young men made a court appearance on Sunday morning, where the judge extended their initial custody.
Two people were injured in the Wednesday shooting, which took place in the Fields parking lot, located in the Amager district.
One person was shot in the arm and the other in the back.
"The case, which is being investigated as an attempted murder, has thus far shown that two groups intentionally sought a confrontation. There were threats made with guns and knives. The situation ended with shots being fired from at least two weapons and two men, aged 17 and 18, being wounded," police spokesman Lau Thygesen said in a press release.
Police believe that the shooting was a gang-related confrontation between two rival groups.
On Thursday, six members of the other involved group were put in custody. All denied the charges against them.
News agency Ritzau reported that the Fields shooting may be related to a separate shooting incident in the Copenhagen suburb of Herlev on March 11th, in which a 21-year-old was critically injured.
Police on Sunday would neither confirm nor deny that report.