SHARE
COPY LINK

NORWAY

Danish sex ‘Monster’ barred from Norway

A 25-year-old sex offender from Aarhus has been expelled from Norway and told never to return to the country.

Danish sex 'Monster' barred from Norway
The man posed as an employee of Monster. Photo:Davide Minazzi/Flickr
A Danish man contacted young women in Norway, pretending to be both a doctor and a representative for the energy drink company Monster, in an effort to molest them. 
 
The man contacted young Norwegian women and promised them a good salary to work at different Monster events according to Norwegian newspaper VG. But before the girls could receive any of the generous perks of the job, they had to first agree to undergo a rigorous 'health check' by their new boss.
 
Several young girls were duped after they realised the 'company health check' was no more than an excuse for the Dane to molest them. 
 
VG reports that the man also posed as a doctor at a hospital.
 
The Nedre Romerike court just outside of Oslo ruled this week that the man should be permanently kicked out of Norway. 
 
“He is expelled from Noway with permanent exclusion and will be sent out of the country within a few days,” police spokesman Terje Bjøranger told VG. 
 
The 25-year-old has also previously been convicted of sex crimes in Denmark. 

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

TRAVEL

New Covid-19 cases make Denmark a banned country by own criteria

The infection rate in Denmark is now so high that if it were a foreign country, its residents would now be banned from entering Denmark for leisure purposes.

New Covid-19 cases make Denmark a banned country by own criteria
Tourists queue for a canal trip around central Copenhagen in mid-July. Photo: Ida Marie Odgaard/Ritzau Scanpix
According to the latest figures from SSI, the country's infectious disease agency, Denmark registered 3,486 new infections between September 1st and September 15th, bringing its weekly average to 30.02 infections per 100,000 citizens. 
 
Danish authorities ban tourists from countries where the number of new cases of infection per 100,000 exceeds 30 per week, and Danish residents are advised against travelling to them.
 
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health has already advised its government to put the last open regions of Denmark on its red list, meaning the entire country is likely to be off limits from  Saturday.   
 
 

According to the UK's Daily Telegraph, Denmark could be removed from the UK's quarantine-free travel list later today. 

 
At the same time, the Copenhagen capital region is now above the German travel threshold of 50 new infections per 100,000. 
 
“It's a huge challenge. We must really hope that we get a handle on the infection in Denmark,” Anders Rosbo, head of communications at the tourist organisation Visit Denmark, told state broadcaster DR
 
“If [the infection rate] develops so much that even Germany advises its citizens not to come up here, then it will be a major disaster.” 
 
German citizens accounted for a full third of the tourists visiting Copenhagen in July. 
 
Rosbo said that the agency had already stopped a marketing campaign in Norway and expected it would also have to pull the autumn campaign it had planned to launch in The Netherlands. 
SHOW COMMENTS