SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Husband admits to killing Glostrup woman

UPDATE: The 40-year-old husband of Hafida Bourouih confessed on court on Tuesday to killing his wife.

Husband admits to killing Glostrup woman
Police released this photo of Hafida Bourouih when she was reported missing.
UPDATE, 2.14pm
 
Ritzau news agency reports that the husband of Hafida Bourouih confessed in court on Tuesday to killing his wife. According to Ritzau, the man admitted to the "factual circumstances" presented in the case. The man reportedly told police that he and Bourouih got into a fight and that after she lunged at him with a knife, he threw her to the ground and strangled her.
 
ORIGINAL, 12.32pm
 
A 39-year-old woman who was reported missing last week has been found dead, Copenhagen Vestegn Police said in a press release on Tuesday.
 
Hafida Bourouih went missing on Thursday, leading police to file a missing persons report on her two days later. According to police, Bourouih is originally from Morocco and lived with her Danish husband in the western Copenhagen suburb of Glostrup. 
 
On Friday, police arrested Bourouih's husband on suspicion of murder. The 40-year-old man, who is the father of Bourouih’s two children, will make an initial court appearance in Glostrup later on Tuesday.
 
TV2 News reported that the man admitted to killing his wife, but police have not confirmed that report. 
 
“We had hoped to find Hafida alive, but unfortunately our suspicions have been confirmed. We continue to believe that we have apprehended the perpetrator,” police spokeswoman Charlotte Skovby said. 
 
Skovby thanked the public for the many leads that came in regarding Bourouih’s potential whereabouts.
 
“I want to thank everyone who contributed by phoning in information. It helped to clarify what happened,” Skovby said. 
 
Police said that Bourouih’s family has been notified. 

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

CRIME

Danish 7-Eleven stores back on grid after ransomware attack

Almost all of 7-Eleven’s 176 Denmark locations are back up and running with the help of a backup system, the company said on Thursday. 

Danish 7-Eleven stores back on grid after ransomware attack

In an email to news wire Ritzau, 7-eleven said that over 96 percent of its convenience stores across Denmark were now in “stable operation”. That corresponds to around 169 stores.

“We have technicians at the remaining stores who are working hard to get them up and running as soon as possible,” the company said in the email.

However, convenience stores at train stations (where you can buy a transport card) were only accepting Dankort (debit card) payments as of Wednesday evening.

All operational stores outside of train stations currently accept Mobile Pay (app) and cash payments, and many can take Visa, Mastercard, and Dankort. 

“We expect that all stores outside of train stations can accept all Visa, Mastercard, and Dankort during the course of tomorrow morning, and all stores at train stations [will be able to] during the course of the week,” the company wrote late on Wednesday.

The convenience store chain was on Monday hit by a cyber attack that forced all of its 176 stores in Denmark to close.

7-Eleven has confirmed that the outage was due to a ransomware attack — hackers demanded money to return access to the company’s data and systems. 

The attack has been reported to police.

The company’s CEO, Jesper Østergaard, told Ritzau he did not know the extent of losses suffered by 7-Eleven as a result of the incident.

SHOW COMMENTS