SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Shooting victim reported death threats to police

The 28-year-old woman who was shot dead in Hvidovre on Tuesday had reported her ex-husband's death threats to police just days before she was publicly gunned down.

Shooting victim reported death threats to police
Sinem Fener was shot and killed at Hvidovre Butikstorv on Thursday. Photo: Ole Mik/Scanpix
Sinem Fener, the 28-year-old woman who was shot dead in Hvidovre on Thursday, warned police that her ex-husband had threatened her life. 
 
Police spokesman Carsten Jansson told TV2 News that the police took Fener’s report seriously but simply could not track down her husband before it was too late.
 
“We took it very seriously, but perhaps not seriously enough one could say in hindsight of what happened later,” Jansson said. “We did everything we could – we questioned her and outfitted her with an emergency phone. We searched for him but we just couldn’t find him.”
 
Fener's 33-year-old ex-husband admitted in court on Friday to firing the fatal shots but did not formally enter a plea on the murder charge. He denied that he had previously threatened his ex-wife. 
 
According to the prosecution, the man allegedly approached his ex-wife with a pistol in an Avedøre parking lot on July 6th. 
 
“I’m sorry that I need to kill you. Shut up, don’t yell! Otherwise I will shoot you! And you better hope a patrol car doesn’t come by or I’ll plug you no matter what,” the man allegedly said.
 
The 33-year-old was apprehended after crashing his vehicle during a high-speed chase with police hours after Thursday's shooting. 
 
The victim Sener was shot at least six times at close range in front of several eyewitnesses at Hvidovre Butikstorv, a public square in the south-west Copenhagen suburb. 
 

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

CRIME

Danish 7-Eleven stores back on grid after ransomware attack

Almost all of 7-Eleven’s 176 Denmark locations are back up and running with the help of a backup system, the company said on Thursday. 

Danish 7-Eleven stores back on grid after ransomware attack

In an email to news wire Ritzau, 7-eleven said that over 96 percent of its convenience stores across Denmark were now in “stable operation”. That corresponds to around 169 stores.

“We have technicians at the remaining stores who are working hard to get them up and running as soon as possible,” the company said in the email.

However, convenience stores at train stations (where you can buy a transport card) were only accepting Dankort (debit card) payments as of Wednesday evening.

All operational stores outside of train stations currently accept Mobile Pay (app) and cash payments, and many can take Visa, Mastercard, and Dankort. 

“We expect that all stores outside of train stations can accept all Visa, Mastercard, and Dankort during the course of tomorrow morning, and all stores at train stations [will be able to] during the course of the week,” the company wrote late on Wednesday.

The convenience store chain was on Monday hit by a cyber attack that forced all of its 176 stores in Denmark to close.

7-Eleven has confirmed that the outage was due to a ransomware attack — hackers demanded money to return access to the company’s data and systems. 

The attack has been reported to police.

The company’s CEO, Jesper Østergaard, told Ritzau he did not know the extent of losses suffered by 7-Eleven as a result of the incident.

SHOW COMMENTS